Hello, and welcome,
If you are a certified inspection or safety professional who provides services through your own corporation, you have come to the right place.
In any business, there needs to be a platform where a service provider can display the services they have to offer, and a place for customers to find them. For contracting inspectors like ourselves, that kind of a platform has been missing for a very long time. Frankly, not having such a platform has done a terrible disservice to ourselves, and to the customers who are trying to find us. Reliability Inspectors Inc. has built an online, searchable platform that fills that gap. It allows you to display, free of charge, your full range of certifications and your calendar of availability (which is controlled by you).
Here, in a nut shell, is how this registry works:
1. You are listed anonymously for important legal and privacy reasons. Customers cannot see your name, your company's name, or your personal data. If a customer shows interest in using your services, you must give permission to Reliability, in the form of an email, before Reliability releases your data to them. We have invested a great deal of capitol in legal services to ensure that the wording of all our contracts protects the personal data, corporate data and intellectual property of you, and of the customers to whom you provide your services.
2. You negotiate your terms and rates with the customer. Reliability acts as a middleman to convey offers and counter offers.
3. It costs you nothing. Reliability does not take a cut of your invoices. Our firm earns its money by being the contract administrator and adds its administration charge on top of your invoice, and then invoices the customer.
4. Customers must sign an agreement to protect your privacy. They must also agree to use Reliability as the contract administrator if they found you as a result of searching our database.
5. You can have other inspector trainees or assistants working under your company, as long as the customer agrees, and your assistants and trainees are billed under the agreement between the Customer, the Affiliate, and Reliability. In fact, we highly encourage new inspectors and inspector trainees to work under the guidance of more experienced inspectors.
6. You may accept an offer for fulltime, permanent employment from the Customer. In that case, Reliability will charge the customer a pre-arranged finder's fee.
7. Being registered as an Affiliate does not restrict you from seeking business in other ways. If, however, a customer finds you as a result of searching our database, then you are obligated to use Reliability as the contract administrator.
8. By promoting our service to a wide range of customers, you will have a much wider customer base, and that should mean more business for you.
9. When approved, you become part of the most comprehensive contracting inspector database in Canada. You are automatically matched with our client's job offerings, given your preferences. Core values of Reliability include building a team of Affiliates that appreciate the value of quality, experience and a commitment to fulfilling the needs of its’ Customers under the umbrella of a company valuing their services and a commitment to two-way communication. As Reliability grows, we intend to put a high priority on continuing education and access to shared technical resources, something that has been lacking in our industry. We believe Customers will develop a high appreciation for the Reliability team, in turn allowing its members a greater measure of security and prosperity.
Our Code of Ethic's and Professional Conduct is not just a collection of lofty ideals. It is the foundation upon which this company will become known as a brand that sets the standard of excellence in our industry.
We look forward to growing this company together with you!
Co-founder and CEO
Note: Depending upon how many Affiliates sign onto this registry, Reliability hopes to open its doors to customers on September, 2023. That does not mean we will turn customers away before that date. If we have suitable candidates to meet their needs, we will serve them. However, we are trying to get as many Affiliates as possible to register with us before September 30, 2023. At which time we will aggressively start promoting our service, and finding more customers who need your services!
1. The industrial safety inspection professionals affiliated with our agency will typically hold certifications from such authorities as CRSP and NCSO, or OH&S diplomas and related degrees from recognized universities and technological institutes.
2. The asset Integrity, quality assurance and compliance inspection professionals affiliated with our agency will typically hold certifications from authorities such as NBBI, NACE, API, CSA/CWB, CSWIP, AWS, CGSB as well as certifications from provincial jurisdictions such as ABSA, Technical Safety BC, and The Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan.
3. All registered Affiliates must have a Revenue Canada tax number, a Workers’ Compensation Board account in good standing, current corporate liability insurance for a minimum of $5.000.000 and a provincial sales tax number where applicable.
4. Affiliates will be responsible for supplying basic personal protection equipment such as safety boots, safety glasses, hard hat and fire-resistant coveralls. Affiliates will also be responsible for: supplying basic inspection tools and gauges, the cost of basic industry standard safety certifications, maintaining safety and professional certifications current and in good standing, and, providing proof visual acuity by a professional optometrist.
5. Upon Reliability accepting a candidate as an approved Affiliate, the candidate shall agree to allow Reliability to be their administrator to any contract with a Customer who directly or indirectly found that Affiliate as a result of a search of Reliability’s data base.
6. We rigorously scrutinize each application prior to giving consideration to accepting any individuals and their personal service corporations as an Affiliate. Once approved, each Affiliate is responsible for maintaining a current calendar indicating their availability. This is a particularly useful feature for a Customer’s planning department when scheduling a project or maintenance activity.
7. Registered customers can go online and have the convenience of searching the registry and see the full range of professional certifications held by each Affiliate, along with their calendars of availability! Customers will know that you will not be listed in our registry unless you already have your corporate credentials (tax numbers, WCB, liability insurance) in place, and in good standing. Our service saves a Customer time and financial resources. Affiliates are ready to respond to urgent situations and production needs. We want our Customers to know that most of the vetting work, normally done by a human resources department, has already been done and is readily available for review by their HR personnel and management teams.
8. A Customer search of our data base does not allow access to the name of an Affiliate, or their corporate and personal information, but will allow access to qualifications and the number years of work experience in each certification category. A customer must agree, prior to being allowed to search the data base, that Reliability will be the contract administrator for the affiliate, and that they will not directly engage the services of an affiliate they found as a result of their search of Reliability’s data base.
9. A Customer expressing interest to Reliability in an Affiliate’s services, will result in Reliability contacting the Affiliate, confirming their availability and requesting permission (by return email) to provide the Customer the name of the Affiliate, his or her personal resume, data contained in our data base and any additional data and personal information may be provided to Customers as noted in this summary (collectively “Personal Information”). Upon an Affiliate's confirmation by return email, personal Information will be released to a potential Customer. A Customer may call an Affiliate for an interview and/or extend an offer to engage the Affiliate’s services. Should an Affiliate accept such an offer, a contract(s) will be negotiated, then signed, by Reliability and the Customer and the Affiliate and its principal specifying rates, terms and conditions..
10. Prior to releasing personal information to a Customer, we stipulate that all Customers agree to use the information provided exclusively for the purpose of determining an Affiliate’s suitability for its requirements; and, to hold an Affiliate’s information private and confidential, and not to share it any other party. However, Reliability and its employees, officers and director shall not incur any liability for any damages or costs incurred by an Affiliate or its employees, officers or directors, directly or indirectly incurred in the event a Customer releases private and confidential information contrary to Reliability stipulations and requirements. Please take the time to review the terms of the Privacy Agreement you will find at the beginning of the application process.
11. Reliability is not an inspection agency, employment agency, engineering service, or nondestructive examinations service company. The Reliability business model is to provide its Customers access to a list of highly experienced, competent and certified contracting professionals, who have been rigorously screened to meet the high standards of Reliability Inspectors Inc, and who are available to provide Customer required services. Should a Customer engage an Affiliate’s services, Reliability will confirm the Affiliate’s hourly charges and expenses on its invoices matched to the time sheets and expense sheets approved by the Customer. The Affiliates invoices shall be sent to Reliability, which will in turn forward its invoices to the Customer inclusive of service charges agreed to by Reliability and the Customer. Affiliates will receive payment of their customer approved invoice upon a Customer’s payment of the corresponding invoice by Reliability. Reliability will from time to time request feedback from the Customer relating to an Affiliates delivery of services, which the Affiliate agrees may be incorporated into the Reliability data base.
In the event a Customer chooses to engage an officer, employee or director of a corporate Affiliate as an employee of the Customer, and provided such personal employment is not a term contract or involve the corporate Affiliate providing services to the Customer, then upon the Customer paying to Reliability a fee agreed to by the Customer and Reliability, receipt of which is confirmed in writing by Reliability, an Affiliate shall be released from the terms of a contract between Reliability and the Affiliate at which time the aforementioned employment may be commenced. An Affiliate may be permitted to employ the services of apprentice personnel, provided the apprentice is vetted and written approval is provided by Reliability, acting reasonably, and Reliability has settled with the Customer the additional service fees to be paid for apprentice work.
12. Our Affiliates’ services are to be provided in accordance with the Customer’s safety and quality manuals and other protocols. The Customers choose the candidates and are responsible for approving the reports and services provided by them. The Customer, at its cost, will be responsible for ensuring that the Affiliates are given the time and training required to provide their services in accordance with the Customers safety and quality manuals, and shall be responsible for the safety of Affiliates.
Instructions for Applying for Registry
The application form below must be completed in its entirety.
In order to complete the following application form in the shortest amount of time, it is best to have the following ready before you start filling out the application:
1. Scan a copy of the certificate of incorporation for your company and save it.
2. Scan a copy of your company's liability insurance (minimum $5,000,000) and save it.
3. Scan all your professional certifications (Journeyman trade certifications, API, NACE, CSA, CSWIP, CGSB, CRSP, NCSO, etc.) together in a single file and save it.
4. Scan all your safety certification (Confined space, H2S Alive, Fall Arrest, Permit Receiving, Smith Driving etc.) together in a single file and save it.
5. Scan a copy of your rope access certification of you have it.
6, Scan a copy of your record of visual acuity. (If you need a form, email us and we will send you one)
7. Scan a copy of your professional engineer's license (if applicable) and save it
8. Scan a copy of your personal resume and save it.
9. For the names of your two emergency contacts, have their emails and telephone numbers ready.
10. Have your company's Revenue Canada GST and your company's provincial sales tax account number ready (where applicable).
11. Have your company's WCB account number ready.
If you have any questions or need any help with the application, please call 825-975-7017. Also, if you hold certifications from a certifying authority not listed in our application form, but relevant to the inspection and safety disciplines described above, send in you resume anyway! We will adjust and amend our database in any way necessary to serve you, and our customers better.